What happens if thyroid is not treated? Over time, untreated hypothyroidism can lead to a number of health problems. This includes obesity, joint pain, infertility and serious diseases like heart disease. Thyroid disorder is one of the life lasting diseases. There are many medicine and surgery options to manage it. But you can also control it at home.
ayurveda doctor ela Explains that there are 4 important pranayama for thyroid patients which can help in reducing thyroid levels. She tells that when a thyroid patient comes to her, she advises him to do these pranayamas. Actually, a good routine and healthy lifestyle can cure you from any disease, taking medicine for life is not the solution.
Treat thyroid problem with yoga not with medicine
Ayurveda doctors recommend that Kapalbhati increases the immunity of the body. Due to this, the toxic substances come out from the body. You must do this daily for 10-15 minutes.
how to do kapalbhati
- First of all, sit in Vajrasana or Padmasana and keep both the hands on the knees and make Chitta Mudra.
- Take a deep breath in and while exhaling with a jerk, pull the stomach inwards.
- Keep doing this process continuously for a few minutes. It is better to do it 35 to 100 times at a time.
Bhramari Pranayama, also known as Humming Bee Breath, is a calming breathing practice that calms the nervous system and helps you connect with your inner nature.
How is Bhramari Pranayama done?
- Sit in a cool and well ventilated place and close your eyes.
- Place your index fingers on both the ears.
- Keeping your mouth closed, breathe in and out through your nose. While exhaling, you can also say Oo.
- Repeat this process 5 to 7 times.
It is a breathing technique that benefits people suffering from hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. This technique triggers the thyroid gland and creates friction in the throat with your breath. It can be practiced 10-11 times.
How is Ujjayi Pranayama done?
- Sit on any comfortable seat.
- After sitting in the same posture, focus on your throat.
- Feel the breath coming in and out of the throat.
- When the breath becomes deep and slow, constrict the larynx.
- Fill your lungs completely through inhaling and then empty completely.
- You can also do this standing or lying down.
Ayurveda doctors tell that Singhasana is very effective in eliminating thyroid from the root. This asana plays an important role in keeping the eyes, face and neck healthy. Do this yoga asana 7 to 11 times daily.
how to throne
- Sit in Vajrasana with your knees at the same distance.
- Place the palms of both the hands on the knees of the feet.
- Keep the spine straight, and take a deep breath.
- The tongue should come out as far as possible.
- Make a “ha” sound while exhaling.
- Relax the body in the final position.