The nominations are in – and the finalists for the 2022 edition of the Power 50 can now be revealed.
Part of the Mobile Industry Awards 2022 (opens in new tab), the Power 50 (opens in new tab) highlights the most important and influential figures in the UK mobile industry during the past year.
The finalists for the Power 50 2022 have now been decided, with the final standings set to be revealed from August 25.
(Please note: these names are ranked A- Z by first name and not the final rankings.)
The winner, recognised with the Power 50 Person of the Year award at the Mobile Industry Awards on September 22, is selected following in-depth interviews with key senior figures across the industry, from operators and retailers to manufacturers and distributors.
It rewards those individuals who inspire their businesses with their values, but also have influence beyond existing roles, serving as an inspiration to the rest of the trade.
To make the Power 50 list, an executive needs to be bold in their leadership and vision, and have exceeded expectations in the different categories we have chosen.
Power 50 Person of the Year – Previous Winners
- 2021: Marc Allera, CEO, EE and BT Consumer
- 2020: Nick Jeffrey, CEO, Vodafone
- 2019: Marc Allera, CEO, EE and BT Consumer
- 2018: Marc Allera, CEO, EE and BT Consumer
- 2017: David Dyson, CEO Three UK
- 2016: Sebastian James, Group CEO, Dixons Carphone
- 2015: Sebastian James, Group CEO, Dixons Carphone
- 2014: Andrew Harrison, CEO, Carphone Warehouse
- 2013: Olaf Swantee, CEO, EE
- 2012: Simon Stanford, VP of UK & Ireland telecommunications and networks division, Samsung UK
- 2011: Guy Laurence, CEO, Vodafone UK
- 2010: Tom Alexander, CEO, Everything Everywhere
- 2009: Andrew Harrison, CEO, Carphone Warehouse
- 2008: Kevin Russell, CEO, Three UK
- For more information on the Power 50, or to get more involved in the Mobile Industry Awards 2022, visit the awards site here (opens in new tab).