Indian Railways takes special care of the convenience of its passengers and railways is not limited to travel only till now, but a lot has changed in the last several years. Many other services including online tickets are available for the passengers and now the railways has started another new facility to make the journey of the passengers more comfortable.
The name of this new service is Destination Alert, this facility has started for the passengers traveling at night. Passengers using this service will get SMS and a reminder call from the railways 20 minutes before arrival at the destination station. But one thing which you guys have to keep in mind is that this service has been started for long-journey train.
- Take advantage of this service like this
- You have to first dial 139 from your mobile and then set the destination alert.
- After that select the language according to your convenience.
- After this you have to select the 7 number option in the IVR main menu.
- After this, press the number 2 for the destination alert option.
- After this enter your 10 digit PNR number and then confirm by pressing 1.
After completing all the above mentioned steps, the destination alert will be enabled for your journey and you will receive the SMS.