Thinking of buying a health care plan? Here we list out some of the best and easily affordable family health care plans in India that are worth a buy in 2022.
Whether it is taking treatment at a hospital for a medical condition or buying health insurance cover for your family and yourself, affordability is prime in both the cases. With healthcare costs on the rise at all times, it cannot be denied that one simply cannot afford to spend all their hard-earned money on one hospital stay in case of an emergency. This is where health insurance comes to the rescue. However, medical insurance itself should not become so unimaginably expensive that one needs to think twice before buying a financial cover for their health.
This is why it is crucial that family health care plans are within affordability limits of an individual so that they can easily buy the required number of policies to take care of all their healthcare needs and those of their family. To help you make an informed decision, here we list out some of the most affordable family health care plans in India that you can consider buying this year.
Best Affordable Health Care Plans in India in 2022
When buying a mediclaim policy for you and your loved ones, you may consider one of the following top and easily affordable health insurance plans available in India in 2022:
1. Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Policy
As is evident from its name, the policy is exclusively designed for the elderly to help them take care of their healthcare costs in old age. Here are some of the top features of this plan:
- Entry limit for the plan: 60 years and over
- Cover amount: Between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 25 lakh
- Network hospitals: Over 12,000
- Policy tenure: Available for 1, 2 and 3 years
- Plans available: Individual and family floater plans
- Coverage under the policy: Costs incurred on surgery, including robotic surgery, deep brain stimulation, bronchial thermoplasty, intra vitreal injections, and more, as well as on general procedures requiring day care.
- Pre-existing illnesses: Covered from the second year of the plan
- Medical test: Not required
2. Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Plan
One of the top names in the insurance sector, Aditya Birla offers health insurance plans in a wide affordable range to make healthcare easily affordable to every common man. Some of the most notable features of the plan include:
- Types of plans offered: Basic and comprehensive
- Cover amount: Between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 2 crore
- Network hospitals: More than 10,000
- Pre-existing illnesses: Chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes, hypertension, and the like are provided coverage from the first day of the plan
- Coverage scope: Costs incurred during 2 months of pre-hospitalization treatment and 6 months of post-hospitalization care; consultation charges, diagnostic tests, medicine charges, treatment of illness, conditions like obesity, and domiciliary treatment also covered up to the sum insured
- OPD cost coverage: Rs. 1000 offered in case of sum insured of Rs 15 lakh and more
3. ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Policy
As the name suggests, the plan is designed to take care of all your health care needs and is a complete protection package for every type of unforeseeable medical requirement. The key features of the plan are:
- Types of plans available: Basic and comprehensive, individual and family health plans
- Network hospitals: Over 6500
- Cover amount: Between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50 lakh
- Medical test required pre-insurance: No medical test needed upto 45 years
- Co-pay required: Not needed up to the age of 45
- Pre-existing health conditions: Covered after the completion of 2 years from the start date of the plan; also available only under the plan that has sum insured of Rs. 3 lakh and more
- Special features: Two free coupons for medical checkup are provided to policyholders every year under family floater plan
4. HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha
The best part about this plan from HDFC ERGO is that it offers cost coverage to people of any age, meaning that there is no restriction in terms of age when it comes to availing the benefits of this affordable plan. Here are some of its top features:
- Cover amount: Rs. 3-10 lakhs
- Network hospitals: Over 13,000
- Coverage under the plan: Surgeries and day care costs, organ donation expenditure, alternative treatment cost such as Ayush, pre-hospitalization treatment cost for 2 months and post-hospitalization care expenditure for 3 months
- Other benefits: Air ambulance costs covered along with those of mental health therapies, and maternity costs, including newborn baby care.
5. Star Family Health Optima
Yet another offering by Star Health Insurance company, this plan is a great affordable choice for those looking to cover the needs of the entire family under one single plan. Family floater plans are available with the company at easily affordable premium rates. Here are the top features of the Family Health Optima policy by Star Group:
- Network hospitals: Over 12,000
- Cover amount: Rs, 1-25 lakhs
- Grace period for renewal: 120 days
- Accident coverage: Sum insured increases automatically by 25% or up to Rs. 5 lakhs in case of accident of the policyholder
- Scope of coverage: All hospital stay costs, including cost of medicines, consultation, room charges, and tests. Emergency ambulance and air ambulance service charges are also covered ( up to 10% of the sum insured).
- Organ transplant coverage: Costs up to Rs. 1 lakh covered
- Pre- and post-hospitalization costs: Covered for 2 months of pre-hospitalization treatment and 3 months of post-hospitalization care.
Read More: Benefits of Having Two Health Care Plans
When it comes to buying a healthcare plan for you and your family, affordability is important. The premium rates payable regularly should easily fit within your budget. However, make sure that premium is not the sole factor in deciding which policy to choose. The features of the plan, the sum insured, scope of coverage, pre-existing illnesses, and the like are equally important criteria to take into consideration before buying the best and affordable health care plans for you and family.
Found this post informational? Browse PayBima Blogs to read interesting posts related to Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Bike Insurance, Term Life Insurance and Investment section. You can visit PayBima to Buy Insurance Online.